Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Woodbury, NJ's Treatment of Senior Citizens - Part II

My grandmother lived by proverbs. I don't recall too many times when she didn't use one or more a day in conversation. Three favorites of hers were, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" "The pen is mightier than the sword" and "A picture is worth a thousand words". I think I have fulfilled the meaning of all three proverbs within the last week. Now I have one more of my grandmother's proverbs to address, "Give credit where credit is due".

After e-mailing Firecrackinmama's World: An Open Letter to President Obama and Firecrackinmama's World: Only View If You Have A Strong Stomach
to the nine member Woodbury, NJ city council, six have responded as of today (Firecrackinmama's World: Woodbury, NJ's Treatment of Senior Citizens). Two of the six have already taken action. The first to respond, Mr. Fleming, indicated that he had already spoken to Mr. Dukelow, who handles the city's trees. Monday Mr. Trout took the time to call me directly. He too has spoken to Mr. Dukelow and indicated that the problematic tree will be placed on a list to be removed. I want to extend my appreciation to all the council members of the Third Ward (Mr. Trout, Mrs. Tierney and Mr. Louis) for their prompt responses. In addition I extend that appreciation to Mr. Villari of the First Ward and Mr. Flemming and Mr. Sloane of the Second Ward.

Their prompt attention will not go unrecognized as the neighbors have been following this ongoing issue and love nothing more than to sit on the front porch and shoot the breeze. I've learned more from these porch sessions then reading the newspaper or watching TV. The neighbors will also weigh in on Mr. Riskie, Mr. Pottillo and Ms. Brown not responding.

Now I hope that the city will follow through and remove the tree in a timely fashion.




Have a Firecrackin Great Day!

No comments: