Monday, February 8, 2010

It Snowed and Snowed and Snowed Some More!

Well, we were forewarned again that we were going to get a significant snow fall. It was hard to believe but obvious that snow was coming. With our food shopping done early in the week and wood up on the porch, we were ready for the onslaught. The snow started Friday night and accumulated rather quickly but it wasn't too bad when we went to bed.

It's amazing how the house becomes so quiet once it is smothered in snow. I guess it was so quiet Friday night that the Snow Gods woke me up at 4:00 am. I laid in bed wondering how deep it had gotten overnight. Curiosity got the best of me so I got up to see.

4:00 am and the storm hadn't even begun.

4:00 am

By the time I had taken the pictures my coffee was ready and so was I. No sooner had I poured my first cup when the cat started his meowing to go outside. The litter box was sitting by the door so you would have thought he knew it was a bad idea to go out but he didn't. So I opened the front door and...

Yep, that's a snow covered door. The wind was blowing and it was so cold that anything the snow hit, it stuck.

It was definitely a beautiful sight and I was glad I could stay inside and enjoy it. The snow plows on pick-up trucks went by a couple of times but the snow started coming so fast that they made no difference in keeping the street opened.

I settled back with my coffee, checked my e-mails, my stores and of course moved on to Facebook. Before I knew it the sun was coming up behind the clouds and it was going on 7:00 am. It was time to get a status report.

I noticed our neighbors behind us were now up.

That's a 6 ft. fence and you're viewing the high end of the yard.

It was time to return to my coffee and design work. Hubby the dog and cat were still asleep.

By 9:00 am the house was buzzing and the fire was started. We sat and watched the enthusiasm of the news casters and of course the weather persons reporting the mess we were in and the fact that more was on the way.

Now that it was lighter out I thought it was time again to gather data on our accumulations.

I felt so bad for her. I opened the door onto the deck and she had to go so bad that she jumped through her doggy door into a foot of snow. I opened the back door and she came back in but nature's call made her go back out. After blazing this trail down the steps she went around the railing and stayed close to the house. She doesn't like to play in the snow while the snow is still coming down.

Now that we were snow captured we decided it was time to stream some movies. We sat in our comfortable family room enjoying the movie while the fire softly burned and listened to the dog snore. Around noon I took some more pictures.

It was really snowing hard at this time.

If you look at the house you'll see the snow has drifted half way up their windows.

I went back to another movie and doing nothing but keeping the fire going. Somewhere around 4:00 pm hubby noticed it had stopped snowing. So I had to take my final pictures and start making the meatballs for dinner.

I think that says it all. Hubby got his snow clothes on and out he went to blaze his own trail and dig my car out.

Thank goodness for the snow blower!

While he worked hard I made a good spaghetti and meatball dinner and stayed warm.

Ah, it was a tough life that snowy day. Don't you think so?

We finished up the night in front of the fire. I almost felt guilty about doing nothing all day but that quickly passed.

Before calling it a night I had to take final pictures of this great event.

Lights out.

Have a Firecrackin Great Day!!

Oh, I almost forgot. If this is too much for anyone please feel free to enjoy the following images.








Feel free to see more at Firecrackinmama's Tropics!

No comments: