Saturday, May 2, 2009

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!

A bit slow here reflecting on our date night out to the Phillies' game. All I can say is that if you wanted a perfect date with the perfect soul mate then I had it Tuesday night. The weather was perfect, the timing could not have been better and the seats were absolutely great!

It was a culminating event as we had seen game four of the World Series. You can read all about that adventure in my World Series - Game Four - Adventure!

The World Series trophy was on display so we left early for the ball park. We easily parked, walked into the stadium and to our surprise we were right where the trophy was being displayed. It looked as though approximately 50 people were in front of us and the line moved quickly. We had our picture taken in front of the trophy. My husband said it didn't come out too well while my daughter asked if it was because of me. I look like a bag lady when I go to the games. He kindly denied it was me, claimed it was him. :)

The best part was that I asked the photographer if I could take a couple of shots myself. His response was sure take your time you stood in line. WoW!



What a beautiful sight!

We then headed over to Harry K's for dinner. Surprisingly there was no line and we got great seats. While we were waiting for our order my husband told me to look around and see how long the line was to see the trophy. A picture is worth a thousand words.



If you look in the background you'll see the line extends all the way down the wall leading to the trophy and up the ramp. The line immediately in the front of the image, is now the line to get into Harry K's. Told you we had perfect timing.

After a delicious dinner we headed out to find my daughter's friend who works at the park. Fortunately she was working on the same level as our seats and we easily found her.



It turns out our seats were directly across from her. So after giving her and her associate working with her a hard time, we moved on.



It was cool walking around the stadium as the crowd hadn't arrived and I had a chance to pause and take some pictures from different angles.



I love watching the phantavision (I think that's what it's called) so I had to take a picture of one of the cameramen who provides the entertainment. I really think he was checking out the stadium for some real pretty girls.

The next few pictures are self explanatory.







The last picture is from our seats. The beauty of this night was that we didn't have any obnoxious people sitting around us and we didn't have anyone that had to get up and get out 50 times during the game. This was quite unusual.

My brother's neighbor also works at the park. Evidently he works behind home plate in the premium area. It just so happens my husband spotted him. Here he is -



Hi Donnie!

Ah, here we were all settled in our seats watching the Nationals loosen up. If you're a Phillie's fan you know what happened next.















The Phanatic is awesome!

The stadium was slowly filling up and game time was near.



I think I forgot to say that Cole Hamels was pitching this night. Oh and they gave out Charley Manuel Bobbleheads. Amazingly we also have a Hamel's bobblehead.



Unfortunately Hamels sprained his ankle and had to leave the game.



While we were waiting for the pitchers to change we had a surprise visit from the one and only:



I'm going to end my reflection of that perfect night out with the following:





One of 3 homeruns!

Have a Firecrackin Great Saturday!

Go Phillies!!!


No comments: