Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's Still Fun!

I started my Firecrackinmama.com site a couple of years ago, maybe three years, I've lost track. At any rate it started as a website for my home business, printing. I think it's gone through 25 or more revisions until now and I think I like it the way it is, or maybe not. Hmmm...

However printing became very expensive and I moved on. You can read about that experience in my Firecrackinmama's World: Create Your Own Blog. That was another lifetime and I'm now happily settled at my Firecrackinmama's Zazzle, Firecrackinmama's Tropics, Firecrackinmama's Christmas and FirecrackinFootWear. I measure major changes in my life by "lifetimes" and these were major changes.

I've always enjoyed living on the edge (Firecrackinmama's World: Living on the Edge) and venturing into these unknowns has been very educational. Today I'd like to tribute my Blog to a couple contributors at Zazzle who have been an enormous help in making this business adventure not only successful but fun. I know there have been many more and I don't mean to slight them, so in coming Blogs I'm going to make a conscious effort to recognize them as well. I am sure I'll accidentally leave someone out therefore I'm going to apologize in advance blaming it on Senior moments.

When I say successful, Zazzle has a program that when you sell over a certain amount monthly they will make you a "Proseller". I've managed to attain that status for a few months now. I think it's very surprising to most contributors because they are excellent artists, graphic designers and html literate, of which I have no skills.

This prestigious level has ignited my competitive side and lately I've found myself somewhat anxious about maintaining that level. Fortunately with the good weather coming in early I was able to recognize that I was starting to lose the "fun" of it. My creativity was being blocked by maintaining my "Proseller" level, neglect of household chores and guilt of not exercising. So I've started, notice I said started, to catch up on the household and have established a routine for exercising starting tomorrow. As for the Proseller, if I keep it, I keep it. I have to keep in mind how I felt when I first started.

I think I went with Zazzle because of their Forum. I had initially been with Cafe Press and noticed in their forum they were rather nasty to newbies whereas the Zazzle Forum was providing advice and "how to's".

The first contributor I have to recognize is DT. I am in awe of his ability to create, his knowledge of web design and his ability to market. Recently he has opened more niche galleries. Check them out and you'll see what I mean.

Ricaso_Wedding's Gallery at Zazzle

One of the sections is "Weddings By Month". I love this idea:





Another of his niche stores I am really impressed with is his Ricaso_Intros's Gallery at Zazzle. It is loaded with various styles, colors, sizes, and media type business cards. All you have to do is customize in the text provided areas. Or if you have your own background design, make your own. Here are a couple that caught my eye.

Once you click on the card you'll see that where DT has his text can be easily replaced with your selections.

Here's another one:



Or as I said create your own!


A second acknowledgment has to go to Rainmountain's Gallery at Zazzle, Nicole B. Photography. Rainmountain is another contributor I met when I first started. Like DT she has mastered the art of presentation, marketing and sharing her knowledge. Some samples that have caught my eye are below.


Rainmountain is a world traveler although I don't know if it is from choice or necessity. :)



Now if you are looking for great t-shirts, the place to check them out is tshirtfun's Gallery at Zazzle. I love the variety, humor and seasonal selections all in one place. Again tshirtfun has been a great help with html assistance, advice and has an excellent marketing ability.

If you're getting married, planning any party or just looking for a cool t-shirt, you're guaranteed to find it here.


Don't forget Father's Day is coming and who likes to wear t-shirts more then Dads?


I still have several others I'd like to recognize today but this has taken quite some time to put together because I get so easily side tracked looking at all their cool things.

The most important things I have learned from these three contributors is that I could never keep up to them in designing, marketing or providing good sound html information. However I can enjoy their work ethic, their success, and their friendship.

I have learned to be comfortable with my own abilities and maintain the original ground rule of this adventure: keep it fun. So I keep plodding along taking photos, playing with them and creating some of the most unusual gifts found on the Internet.

Well, have a Firecrackin Great Sunday!


No comments: