Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's Mother's Day - Boom! Boom!! Boom!!!

It's my day today so let's get it started!!!

When I went to bed last night I deliberately did not set the coffee for early morning rising. Nope I planned to sleep in until at least 7:00 am. When I went to bed last night it had to be at least 85 degrees outside so I dressed lightly for my dreamy night. When I went to bed last night I wasn't even thinking about Mother's Day. I was too tired from trying to clean out 10 feet of space so the guys could hang our new garage doors this week.

Well, I didn't sleep until 7:00 am. Nope I woke up at 5:41 am. Dressing lightly for a dreamy night was probably not a good idea as a cold front came through and it's 56 degrees! It wasn't the cold that woke me up. Nope with the dry cold front came the whopping winds. The blinds were banging, the leaves were swaying in the breeze (making noise) and the Spring birds were whistling up their "good morning tunes".

Now I had to drag myself downstairs to put the coffee on - should of, could of, would of - had it on if I hadn't preplanned. My eyes were opened enough to put the coffee and water in and I did find myself drooling with anticipation. Ok, so I went into my computer to start working on my Mother's "Mother's Day" gift. At 6:00 am I was really needing my coffee so into the kitchen I went only to find that I'd had a Senior Moment and set the delay mode!!! :(:(

All is well now. I have my coffee, hung up my youngest's wet scrubs, and put a load of towels in the washer. Still have to make eggplant parmigiana, my mother's favorite dinner, and spinach salad because I didn't do it the other night. I'll run to Target, for the large shopping items I didn't have a chance to get yesterday, after the towels dry and I can get cleaned up. That way the dog will be able to have her dinner, we'll be able to wash some more clothes and we'll be able to live more comfortably with additional paper products. If all goes well, I should be home in time to watch the Phillie's game. Sure would be nice if they won today.

I should run the vaccuum because we dragged dirt and wet grass into the house yesterday and the dog hair is gathering. I should dust as the winds created dust storms inside the house yesterday. All the windows that could open were opened, it was in the 80's. I should clean out some more junk in the garage and for that matter the basement. I'm glad I'm not working the trash truck this week. I should finish my mother's Mother's Day gift. I should go to the mall and buy new Spring clothes for work. I should make new designs for my online store. Ok, that's enough. I'm getting tired just from listing my should's.

My mother celebrated her 89th birthday Friday.



She's the last of the parents alive in both our family and my brother's family. I've always had her for Mother's Day. If you've read my previous Blogs you know she now "lives in the moment" but she enjoys it over and over. We laugh, not at her, but just because it's too sad not to. I must have received 50 "brownie points" Friday night because she kept re-opening the card my husband and I gave her. We finally put it in her birthday bag.

She won't remember today is Mother's Day but she'll tell us all about when she was young and growing up. I've tried to commit that to notes and blogging but because she took thousands of pictures I am able to make digital picture books with notes. That's what I'm making her for her birthday/Mother's Day gift. A digital picture book of her favorite time of life - traveling with my father during his WWII military days. She loves to browse through the 3 volumes I made at Christmas. You can read all about them in my Firecrackinmama's World: A Most Difficult Christmas Gift.

Last year I bought my mother a digital camera and one of those digital frames. I tried but she couldn't remember how to use either. I've taken over the camera and have the frame but nothing in it. Today I'll put her in front of my computer and put the family DVD slideshows on that I've made her. She loves to watch them.

I thought that if I started now I could make a digital picture book for each of my kids for next Mother's Day. As parents we took a lot of pictures but my mother must have taken 3 for every one of ours. Love my scanner!! Hmmm...

Well, I need to bring this to an end. It's now 7:38 am. The second load of towels are in the washer while the first load is in the dryer. I figure I'll have about an hour to work on the picture book.

So to all you Mothers out there - Happy Mother's Day!!!

For those who are really interested in how my Mother's Day will go - you can find out in my Firecrackinmama's World: Mother's Day


1 comment:

CeivaJoe said...

WOW you have an awesome way of writing. I stumbled upon this post and was just sucked in.

I read that gave your Mom a digital photo frame... as so many children do.

But most are not "easy" for our parents to operate.

However, you might be interested in knowing about CEIVA frames. The frame could sit at your Mom's house, then you and your siblings could send pixes RIGHT into the frame at her house. She doesn't need to do anything. She doesn't even need a computer. The pixes are sent from you to her frame that will "dial" into the internet.

Anyway... sounds like a big sales pitch. But I was moved by what you had to say and I thought you might like to know.

My best too you.

CievaJoe
www.ceiva.com