Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cruise Party

Well, we're getting ready to party again! Fortunately my son's 30th birthday party had a cruise theme because within days prior to that my daughter had received word that she won the privilege of giving a Cruise Party for Carnival. The decorations are still up.

I've been trying to figure out just exactly what is a cruise party. Ok, I know we are decorating and providing food. She's invited I don't know how many cruisers and I think most are coming. Carnival sent a package with some cool things in it and my daughter and her friend are searching through Mexican cookbooks for recipes. Everyone is to bring a towel to do some towel art - guess I better run to Target and get one. I don't think our tattered and thinning towels would look very good as some type of animal.



So all in all, it looks like it's just a good reason to have a party and that's all right with me. My sole responsibility right now is cleaning the house and I can do that. If you read my earlier Blog,
The Party's Over, you'll see why that is my sole job. My legs have just this week starting feeling better.

I wish I had been a bit quicker but I've been so busy at work, recuperating from the last party and making list upon list of things that need to be done that I never ordered anything to really get into the spirit of the party. I could have been in costume.




I've left the shirts such that the consumer can eliminate the text and add their own, select the type and size of their tee and select whether it's for men, women, toddlers or, yes, babies!


Is that baby not cute?

I have my Firecrackinmama's Tropics Store that I haven't promoted as much as my Firecrackinmama's Zazzle. I've sold quite a few things from my Tropics store but really need to concentrate on adding more items. One of my favorite things to design are of course are the beach bags.


This year I sold some of my poster calendars. I love them as they are decorative as well as functional. I bought an inexpensive frame and hung it on the wall.


The above image was taken by my sister-in-law while on vacation. The original image exposure was not the greatest. I just tweaked it a little and this is the beautiful scene she said they saw.

I sold a lot of my 12 month tropics calendar.


I'm looking forward to next year as we are headed out on another cruise this summer. This time we're headed to the Mexican Riviera. I'm gearing up my cameras now.

Another favorite item of mine are the magnets. I've always had softness for purchasing them on any of the vacations we took. Our refrigerator was like an MRI machine and sucked all the metal off you as you passed by it.


These are just some of the ways in which I've used my photos of memories I don't want to forget. It's amazing how anyone can do the same with their photos. Just head on over to Firecrackinmama's Create Your Own! Or on most items just click the blue bar that says "Add your text or image free". Easily remove the image and text and make your own.

Better yet if you like the image personalize or customize the item by simply adding text. Once you decide to add text, type it in the box and select ok. From there you can easily choose a font, color and size! Go have some Firecrackin Fun!!

It sounds easy to create your own but many people find it a bit overwhelming so they contact me through the Zazzle messaging on my home page of Firecrackinmama's Zazzle.

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this above but I do wide format printing right here at home and for our Cruise Party we have a banner of our next ship to build the excitement even more.



It looks rather small here but it's 2' x 6' and looks pretty good hanging up. Now for those smarties out there that have already sailed on the Carnival Splendor, you'll recognize right away that this isn't the actual ship. We haven't even seen it yet but all Carnival ships look similar. Actually this is the Valor that was Photoshipped :).

Well, it's Thursday and I still have to do a birthday banner, work and make some more lists. Today's lists will consist of references to previous lists that things on them that haven't been done. I'm tired just typing this.

Have a Firecrackin Great Day!


1 comment:

NicoleB said...

Wishing you guys lots of fun :)!