Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Should I or Shouldn't I?

I'm wondering if I should open another Gallery. I just converted my Firecrackinmama's Party from the Online Christmas Party. It didn't do real well so I decided to convert it to exactly what it says - Party! However I haven't really worked on it and must do so immediately. Pressure - I'm not good with that any more. When it loses it's fun it becomes work and I certainly don't want this to become work. So I'll work on it when the Spirit moves me.

What I would like to do is start a Gallery that has only prints. Pictures that can be purchased framed or the customer can frame it. I'm also thinking of using the photos on postcards and a few other items in which they might look neat. The point of this gallery though is not to manipulate any of the photos except to make them fit the item.

I seem to have so many great prints spread all over my four galleries that I think for my own sanity it would be better to just keep them in one place. However I did try that with opening a niche gallery FCM_Christmas and found that when I made copies and placed them in my Firecrackinmama's Zazzle gallery, I sold more from my Firecrackinmama's Gallery.

Everyone is so connected to my Firecrackinmama name that that's where they go. So maybe I should just stay with what works. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Some of my favorite prints are located in my Firecrackinmama's Tropics Gallery. However I need to load even more prints then the few that are there. This is the perfect time of year to show them off. So I will.

Blue Hawaii Poster print
St. Thomas Sunset

This photograph was taken by my sister-in-law while vacationing in St. Thomas last winter. It is a beautiful sight and makes you want to be there.

Then I have plenty of gorgeous images in my Firecrackinmama's Gallery that I believe go unnoticed. One of my favorites is of Snow Mountain in Colorado. My daughter and I were on a cross country trip. She was returning to the University of Southern California and took me along as a buddy. I've enlarged this print several times and framed it myself. The sun reflecting off the snow is just beautiful.
Natural Beauty Print print
Natural Beauty Print

Another of my favorites is this image taken by my husband while on our first cruise. It's a lucky thing he didn't fall overboard as I'm sure I might have been blamed. I've enlarged this print as well and it comes out beautifully.
Quiet Night at Sea print
Quiet Night at Sea

Well, I'm off to my real job now and I have to say I do like it. So is it a job if it's fun? This one is as it does have a very serious side to it.

For now have a Firecrackin great day!

No comments: