Friday, October 17, 2008

Boom! Boom!! Boom!!! Boom!!!! It's the Weekend!

I'm Boomin here!

First Boom is for our Philadelphia Phillies! I'm going to a World Series Game!!!

Last year my husband didn't buy the tickets for the post season games and were we glad we hadn't put the money out. If we had, I doubt that we would have gotten them for this year. Now for the other good news - we have great seats. How great are they you may ask? Well they are in the lower section down the first base line right in foul ball territory. I'm gearing up my camera now.

GO PHILLIES!!!!!

Second Boom is for Barack Obama. He has remained poised, addressed issues, and has reacted well under the dirty politics aimed at him. I really wanted to rant here but I won't waste my time.

I remember when I was young I had bucked teeth (still do but they are at least straight now). John McCain and especially Sarah Palin remind me so much of the type of kids that used to tease the living daylights out of me because of my teeth. I don't know maybe that's why I've always been for the underdog. The bullies always seem to pick on, lie about and beat down those who for some reason don't fit into their world.

It seems that I can associate McCain's and Palin's characteristics with so many nasty people I have met throughout my life. Enough said. We'll see how it all turns out in a couple of weeks. I don't think the nation can take four more years of the way it has been or the way it will be with McCain and Palin.

Go Obama!!


Obama for 2008 Travel Mug mug

Obama for 2008 Travel Mug
by

Firecrackinmama

Third Boom is because I have a full time job that I love. It's been a long time since I've wanted to get up in the morning and go to work.

In 2003 I stopped working in a school district because I was really burned out. I always used the excuse that my daughter had started working in the same district and there couldn't be two Firecrackinmama's in one place after all there's only one Firecrackinmama.

Quitting may have been the worst thing I ever did but I thought I could make a living as an advocate and off the Internet. The advocacy work could have been successful but I was tired of fighting the nasties in school districts. So I turned to the Internet. It takes years before that earns you a living.

Meanwhile my husband decided to open his own business, NetBoost LLC. As everyone knows that takes money so back to work I went. But before I did I made him this frosted mug for his diet sodas. He doesn't drink. It's one of the things he likes. And of course I had to make him his business cards. You can make your own too by clicking here...
His business has been really successful. I'm proud of him. You'll have to check out his site for the specifics netboostllc.com. Seems I always tell people the wrong thing.

Fortunately I had two job offers but unfortunately I took the wrong one. In short the district I went to was the most corrupt place I had ever worked. After reporting them to the State you can imagine the short life I had with them. Then when the State let them get away with all their corruption, I gave up on education. Destroyed over 30 years of accumulated work. Washed my hands of the whole thing.

That's when I turned to full time print on demand. Learning everything I could to try and make it a go. Instead I found it to be the most enjoyable thing I've ever done and I'm earning gas and food money.


and


However my husband wasn't satisfied that I gave up on education and continued to encourage me to go back. Only because of financial issues did I even look for positions and go to interviews.

I found myself at the interviews interviewing the interviewers. Got that? I explained to them that the last job I had requested that I do illegal, immoral and unethical things to remain in compliance with State law and wondered if they did the same thing. Of course that didn't go over well either.

I really didn't care. I figured I could work at Shop Rite and continue improving my galleries online and make a living. Guess what? Shop Rite wouldn't even hire me. :) :)

Then in December 2007 I received a phone call about a position in a neighboring district to the one in which I was fired. It took a lot for me to send in the paper work and I really didn't expect anything to come of it but to make this long story short. They hired me. Maybe the reason was that I had such a bad cold that I sat at one end of the table while the interviewers were at the other end and I didn't have enough energy to interview them. Wow!

I am once more working in my area of expertise but with an entirely new type of student population. I am working with kids that have severe disabilities all the way from full physical to behavior problems. What a wild and wonderful experience it has been in the short time I've been there.

The school system is so legal minded that I find myself checking to be sure I'm not slipping. Even my husband is impressed by the manner in which they handled everything. And I believe because I'm now working with an unfamiliar population, I'm enjoying the professional growth that it's providing. It's just so rewarding that I'm going to start a second Blog to share some of the most amazing stories of my new experiences. I just have to think of a new name for the Blog.

The fourth Boom - I'll be doing my favorite things this weekend: wide format printing and designing.

Have a Firecrackin Great Weekend!!





1 comment:

pamdicar said...

I'm glad you have a job that you enjoy and have fun at the ball game! Bring your glove too! LOL...