Saturday, October 25, 2008

An After Dinner Stroll

I look forward to Thursday nights any more. I love my mother very much but after almost two and a half years of picking her up in the late afternoon for dinner and taking her home after Wheel of Fortune, I need a break. So the only one I get is Thursdays as my brother takes my mother to the hairdressers, out for lunch and then keeps her for dinner.

Last Thursday my daughter was away so it was just my husband and I. We decided to get out of our rut and go out to dinner. We used the gift card for Bonefish Grill my daughter had given us. I can't rave enough over the meal we had there.

This past Thursday my daughter had to work late so we decided to take advantage of the free night once more. This time it was going to be all out of pocket expenses so we toned down our place to go. We went to Hollywood Diner, a very nice local place to eat with a Sports Bar and good food reasonably priced. It's amazing after 36 years we were still able to carry on some kind of conversation over dinner.

I think we discussed a figment of our imagination, retirement and how at this rate it wasn't going to happen. We also talked some politics and how we're hopeful that Obama is elected, the Phillies and how we hope they win and then to my husband's favorite topic John Heald's Blog. I'm linked to it through my Blog and have to say it is a good Blog. We have 259 days until our next cruise. I'm working feverishly on losing weight that just loves me so much that it wants to go on the cruise too.

Don't you just love the way I get off topic so easily?

Anyway on the way into the Diner we happened to see a picture ad of a new restaurant that was under construction out at RiverWinds, a beautiful and large community center that sits in West Deptford on the edge of the Delaware River across from Philadelphia. It is truly an awesome place, particularly the golf course although I'm pretty sure they closed it.


These are just a couple of things that I've created with the beautiful images of the now defunct golf course. It was sold and now is becoming overgrown. What a shame. If you want to see more check them out here.

However it's at the overview of the Delaware that people of all ages love to see the sunset, sunrise or just watch the ships sail and planes land at the river's edge. I had planned to insert some day images so you could see what I meant but they are now missing. I'm sure after I rant and rave when everyone is up that they will magically reappear and I'll then post them. For now you'll just have to enjoy this image. This is looking up the Delaware towards the shipyard.

But that's not what I really want you to see. This is what we enjoyed after a peaceful dinner.
New Jersey Sunset Print print
Serenity on the Delaware Print print

It's just amazing the beauty that can found almost anywhere. I love the fact that I have a way to capture it and share it with the world. So many people have wonderful pictures that are tucked away in photo albums, filed on their computers or stuffed in boxes. So if you should find yourself wanting to do more with your images go to

Firecrackinmama's Create Your Own!

2 comments:

Seizing Destiny said...

it's nice that you have the opportunity to spend time w/your family...I haven't seen mine in over 4 years and they don't want me back
:( I talk to my mom and sisters occasionally but I've disowned my father and his "second family"...ugh!

Firecrackinmama said...

I'm sorry to hear that SD however. We have our ups and downs.