Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm Voting For

Obama and Biden. Yep, I decided that a long time ago before Biden was even on the ticket. Now that McCain has selected Palin it's a definite. Obama.

I don't like politics in general. I've participated on a very small scale. I'd consider myself a Maverick and on that small scale with my fellow Mavericks we made significant differences and changes that helped many people. I guess I'm a Maverick in the classroom too as I never taught in a traditional manner. I wear lipstick only when I'm going to work or special occasions. I've coached a minor league baseball team but only for one season. I have three kids, one with a disability. Hmmm...maybe I was qualified to be a Vice Presidential candidate and didn't even know it.

Yep, I can see it now especially during the campaign. Fireworks at every stop, rally, backyard barbecue. Boom! Boom! Boom!

Ah, but if McCain had asked me to run, I would have had to declined. I'm just too busy working as a breadwinner, taking care of my 88 year old mother, cleaning, washing, and being around for my husband and kids. Retirement is a figment of my imagination.

I don't like labels either, such as "Maverick". Firecrackinmama is more my speed, more fun than aggressive, and whatever you do don't ever compare me to a dog. People aren't likely to think of the breed but they will think of the sex and the word "bitch". I don't like that type of association. Most of the time I'm a happy Firecrackinmama.

I take the Presidential election seriously and the person in the White House is representing me not only locally but worldwide. I want a President that doesn't insult my intelligence, that makes choices that are good for all, and presents himself with noble stature. I want the elegance and grace that office represents to be respected by Americans and foreigners. I don't want my President and Vice President to have a nickname that suggests aggression, rebellion, and nonconformity. I think we have had enough of that for the past 8 years.

I wasn't for Hilary either. When she exclaimed, "Shame on you Obama!" for something now I don't even recall, all I could see was my mother standing up there on the podium yelling at me. Nope that didn't sit well with me. I have the same feeling about Palin. You know mothers tend to be overbearing, bossy, and are natural born dictators. Men always think women are high maintenance, unreasonable and belong at home. Women however know for a fact that we rule the world. Just which woman is ruling is the issue. As you can see, I'm not for the aggressive type. It makes me think of recklessness.

Since Obama started his campaign, he presented himself as a man who was about issues. I like that. He hasn't insulted my intelligence. The only scare tactics I've seen in his ads, are the facts that if we elect McCain we will have a continuation of what we've had for the past 8 years. And to me that's really scary.

McCain on the other hand has employed the same campaign tactics as Bush did. Suggestive ads that Obama is not ready to lead. Hello, McCain, Palin is ready to lead? Don't insult me! You're ready to lead? Yep, into more war which costs money doesn't it? And as a "Maverick" I'm not sure what else you're going to lead us into. I don't like surprises. Our present President has done enough of that.

With Obama I see a man who has had to work the system in every way to get to where he is today and that to me is impressive. He obviously has the ability to negotiate, the charisma to make people listen, and the intellect to make sound decisions. Can he predict what he is going to do when he gets into office? Of course not, neither of them can. However, once again because of his abilities to get to where he is today, I feel more comfortable that he is the person who can really create the change needed within our country.

What more can I say? See for yourself:








Patriotic Obama 2008 Keychain keychain

Patriotic Obama 2008 Keychain
by

Firecrackinmama

For more supportive items come on over to Firecrackinmama's

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm a supporter of Obama/Biden too. Have been since the beginning! I can't even begin to understand why people are so supportive of McCain and Palin. But that's just my opinion. I don't have a lot of Obama stuff, but I do have a few things. Here's the link:
http://www.zazzle.com/rdwnggrl/gifts?cg=196984169037829195

Thanks!

The Spotted Olive said...

I'm with Stacy. I'm also voting for Obama/Biden. I don't have much political stuff in my shop, but just had to make a statement or two about the nonsense of women voting for McCain/Palin with no regard for the issues just because Palin is a woman.

Here's my link:
http://www.zazzle.com/thespottedolive*/gifts?cg=196594469809344008

Thank you! :-)