Monday, August 11, 2008

Santa Barbara

Ah, there is more to California then Los Angeles and Burbank! Yesterday we went on a road trip to Santa Barbara. Now that is the picture most people get in their minds when you say California. Beautiful mountainous coastlines with Palm trees, beach, wind surfing, and of course a wharf projecting out into the Ocean that can be seen for miles as you approach it on the PCH. Right, isn't that what it's called, Pacific Coastline Highway?










We actually parked on the wharf. You don't get to do that in Jersey. We wandered around there for a while so I could some great shots. While my husband and daughter were being patient with me, they did move along and occasionally we would lose sight of each other but not for long. During one of those times I found a Pelican that was actually posing for me while I took it's picture. Check this out:

As you can see he was about to take flight. And once he did we learned quickly that he had been hooked by the fishing pole on the right. Everyone was quite helpful. I grabbed the line which easily dislodged from the hook. I guess it still has the hook lodged somewhere in it's body. The amazing thing was that a short while later the Pelican returned for another photo session, although in a different place.




He posed and posed for quite some time. You'll be able to see more when I post them at Firecrackinmama's Tropics.




After exploring the wharf we headed towards town. On Sundays they have artists, photographers and crafters present their work to the public in hopes that they will increase their income while marketing their wares. It was very successful for those merchants with whom I had encounters. Yep, they emptied my pockets while my husband stood by having arrhythmia. I tried to explain to him that I needed the jewelry to accent my professional wardrobe (which I haven't purchased yet). I start back to work in a few weeks so now I can match my wardrobe to my jewelry. Doesn't everyone do that?

From there my daughter took us to the Old Mission - check it out in my next blog!

No comments: